Inspiratory muscle training has been shown to improve inspiratory muscle function in children with cystic fibrosis.1
- Improves lung function
Improves exercise tolerance
Links to research papers, published in peer-reviewed, high quality scientific journals. As well as original studies, we have also included some articles that review IMT; these have been written by experts in this field of research.
- Inspiratory muscle training for cystic fibrosis.
- The effects of inspiratory muscle training in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Inspiratory muscle training in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Inspiratory Muscle Training Improves Lung Function and Exercise Capacity in Adults With Cystic Fibrosis.
- Ventilatory muscle endurance training in normal subjects and patients with cystic fibrosis.
- 1 Improved pulmonary function and exercise tolerance with inspiratory muscle conditioning in children with cystic fibrosis.